Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks a Community Paramedic Manager to join our Administration Department to help fulfill our vision to be a world leader in out-of-hospital healthcare. This is a full-time, year round position with excellent compensation and benefits.
The Community Paramedic (CP) Manager will lead our CP program, being a visionary and guiding day-to-day operations in support of our staff and patients. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, resourceful and dedicated; have a love for community paramedicine and have excellent collaboration and supervisory skills. Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but we also value integrity in all we do, excellence in our quality of work and advocacy in patient care at all times.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
SUMMARY: The Community Paramedic Manager will help envision the Community Paramedic (CP) program at ECPS, develop and execute the program to best serve the needs of our community, and lead department staff to successfully realize the goals of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively lead the CP program by being proactive; developing effective policies and procedures and being a champion of the program in order to meet identified needs of our community.
- Oversee and lead daily operations of the CP program, including supervising and being a resource for challenges, extra support, guidance and on-call clinical support.
- Be the point of contact and expand and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our existing partners including Colorado Mountain Medical, Vail Health, Mountain Family Health, Eagle Family Practice, Eagle Valley Behavioral Health, Hope Center and any other co-response agencies and entities.
- Coordinate on-boarding and training for CP program new hires.
- Work with Operations Manager and Shift Supervisors to coordinate efforts and resources and realize organizational goals.
- Assist with funding opportunities and grant writing.
- Assist with developing and maintaining operating budget for department.
- Actively participate in required District meetings and partner meetings.
- Ensure compliance for regulatory certification and licensure.
- Work with external partners to devise methods and resources for addressing community issues as a whole.
- Elevate, engage and motivate staff to achieve identified goals; Provide regular feedback including periodic check-ins and annual reviews; define clear expectations and provide performance guidance.
- In coordination with the Clinical Department, be responsible for leading clinical development of the CP program and its staff. Includes identifying areas, topics and needs to stay current with desired and necessary skills.
- Responsible for chart review and Quality Assurance of CP Program’s Patient Care Reports and insurance reports.
- Work directly with the CP medical director in regards to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program improvement and protocol initiation.
- Do periodic ride alongs with staff and fill in on CP shifts at least twice monthly.
- Maintain appropriate records and files for the CP program.
- Coordinate the activities of the Community Paramedic Advisory Board and Community Paramedic staff meetings.
- Represent the District and CP program locally, statewide and/or nationally as needed.
- Work with PIO to create marketing strategies and improve community awareness of CP program’s success and available resources to community members.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Current Paramedic Certification from the State of Colorado
- CP-C from the International Board of Specialty Certifications
- Colorado Community Paramedic endorsement
- Current certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Minimum of eight-10 years EMS experience with at least five years as a paramedic: three years supervisory, two years CP. Prefer two years as a Community Paramedic supervisor
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with clean driving history
- Must be capable of filling roles and responsibilities of a Community Paramedic
- Strong reasoning ability, problem solving skills, decision making skills and ability to act and maintain composure in highly emotional, stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
- Cultural Awareness Competence
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Exempt salaried position with a rate of $84,354-$123,165 per year.
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (80 hrs/year)
- Paid Vacation time (169 hrs/year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and
physical demands of the position.