Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks experienced Community Paramedics to join our staff and help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community.
Our Community Paramedics visit patients in their homes on a non-emergent basis to provide care. Our program is designed to prevent unnecessary emergency room visits, hospitalizations and frequent clinical visits to a provider. In addition, we operate a crisis mental health response program and an ambulatory detox program.
In 2020 and 2021, Eagle County Paramedic Services was named one of Outside Magazine’s Top Places to Work. We are one of only 184 ET3 ambulance providers in the nation as selected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). We are also one of six ambulance services in Colorado accredited by the Commision on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS). Our Community Paramedics were critical in serving the community during COVID, treating almost 1500 patients in 2020 and 2021.
If you’re ready to start your Community Paramedic career at ECPS, peruse the description below and submit your resume. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
SUMMARY: Provide patient care in the home for both short-term and long-term management of referred patients from local physician offices, hospital staff and internal referrals from ECPS crews. Community Paramedics attend scheduled appointments and respond to 911 mental health crisis calls as part of the ‘crisis response team’ to provide care to patients experiencing a mental health emergency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities as described for Paramedic
- Examines, screens, treats and coordinates health services for patients
- Conducts post-hospital release follow-up care including, but not limited to monitoring medication, dressing changes and checking vital signs
- Observes, records and reports to physician patient’s conditions and reactions to drugs, treatments and significant incidents
- Conducts patient education, includes diabetes prevention/treatment, hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), fall assessments, injury evaluation, geriatric frailty visits and nutrition
- Administers patient care consistent with department protocols and physician orders
- Coordinates appointments and follow up with physicians, hospitals and patients
- Develops and completes appropriate reports and templates for the Community Paramedic Program
- Attends meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Colorado Paramedic certification or current National Registry: must be state certified before hire date
- Current National Registry certification - must be nationally certified within a reasonable timeframe from date of hire if not already
- Must have or be eligible for Colorado Community Paramedic endorsement by possessing a certification of completion of a Community Paramedic course from an accredited University or Training Facility and have successfully passed, and hold current certification, from the International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) CP-C exam
- Experience working within a 911 system preferred
- Current certifications in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), BLS (Basic Life Support) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license with safe driving history
- Strong language skills: reading and writing, ability to communicate and interact with a variety of people and under stressful conditions
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong reasoning ability, problem solving skills, decision making skills, and ability to act and maintain composure in highly emotional, stressful and potentially hazardous situations.
- Bi-lingual (verbal and written) is a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Non-exempt hourly position with a rate of $21.80-$30.79 per hour. Annualized salary is $71,504-$100,991 based on 48/96 schedule.
- Non Exempt hourly position with a rate of $30.94-43.70 per hour. Annualized salary is $64,353.60-$90,892.08 based on a 40 hour per week schedule.
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (80 hrs/year)
- Paid Vacation time (169 hrs/year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account
Please see the full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and physical demands of the position.Community Paramedic Job Description