Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks paramedics to join our field staff to help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. We seek candidates for:
- Full time Day Shift: three, 12-hr shifts per week
- Med Pool (part time): Expectation is to work an average of one shift (12 hr or 24hr) per week. The minimum number of shifts required to maintain good standing is 10, 12 or 24 hr shifts and three on call or special events per quarter. When field training is determined to be needed, additional shifts may be required. Note: More than an average of 30 hours/week within a month is not allowed.
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is a fast-paced, sometimes stressful job requiring critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care, and professionalism.
Interested? Peruse the descriptions below and submit your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Works as a paramedic lead on EMS calls, directing EMT partners and administering basic and advanced life support to sick and injured persons in the out-of-hospital setting under the direction of the District Medical Director utilizing District protocols.
The Day Car Shift is a variable role, often covering stations, supporting fatigued crews and responding to first calls in the day.
The Med Pool Shift requires a minimum of two years of experience at ECPS as a full time paramedic with good standing.
PARAMEDIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance.
- Renders basic life support procedures or initial treatment to patients in a variety of settings which may include: Attempt to restore and stabilize heart rhythm on pulseless, apneic patientPerform basic and advanced airway management, including RSIAdminister injections of medications or immunizationsInitiate IV fluidsMonitor cardiac patients
- Provide medical examination and screening of patient’s conditions, reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents; observe and report the same to Physician and other medical personnel via radio or telephone as well as documenting reports.
- Act as patient advocate in the out-of-hospital setting.
- Complete all reports, including patient care records, legibly, accurately and by the end of each shift or end of every 12-hour work period.
- Drives ambulances to and from emergency and non-emergency scenes, assisting with extricating trapped victims as needed, and transporting sick and injured persons to treatment centers.
- Attend staff business meetings and trainings as directed.
- Check medical/operating supplies and vehicles to ensure preparedness.
- Directs and coordinates patient care between inter-agency (ie. fire and police) personnel and other District employees.
- Performs all duties in a safe, courteous, confidential and professional manner, always taking into account the well-being of the patient.
- Mentors, trains and encourages fellow staff as needed to help them attain their full potential.
- Maintains vehicles and quarters pursuant to ECPS policies.
- May supervise one or more employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Colorado Paramedic certification must be state certified before hire date
- Current National Registry certification in Paramedic. Must be certified within 6 mos. of hire date
- Current certification in BLS/CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) (required within 6 mos. of hire) and NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) (required within one year of hire)
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Day Shift (36 hrs/week) Paramedic compensation: For 3, 12 hr shift schedule: $33.06-$46.65/hour additional shifts are possible
- Med Pool Paramedic compensation: $25.91-31.59/hr
- Additional Merit Rate: 1%-3%
Additional Bi-lingual Merit Rate: 2%
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, STD/LTD, EAP, LSA, Paid Time Off
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and physical demands of the position.Day Car Paramedic Job DescriptionMed Pool Paramedic Job Description