Med Pool EMTs
Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) is seeking several Med Pool (part time) EMTs to join our field staff and help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. The Med Pool has minimum working requirements as follows: one duty shift of any length and two on-call or special event shifts each month.
In addition to providing exceptional healthcare and compassion, this position serves as an opportunity to gain experience and training to both jump start your career or add to your established emergency medical service (EMS) career. Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is an often fast-paced, sometimes stressful job that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your resume. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Drives ambulance to and from emergency and non-emergency scenes and performs basic life support procedures and care under direction of an Emergency Department Physician or Paramedic partner consistent with state and local operating protocols.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Safely drives ambulance, assisting with extricating trapped victims when required, and transporting sick and injured persons to treatment center.
- Renders basic life support procedures to patients in a variety of settings consistent with state and local operating protocols.
- Administers initial treatment at an emergency scene and takes and records patient vital signs.
- Provide medical examination and screening of patient’s conditions, reaction to drugs, treatmentsand significant incidents; observing and reporting the same to Physician and other medicalpersonnel via radio or telephone as well as documenting on reports.
- Attend staff business meetings and trainings as directed.
- Lifts, moves and places patients on stretcher, restrains patients appropriately, lifts and movesloaded stretcher safely to and from an ambulance.
- Check medical/operating supplies and vehicle to ensure preparedness.
- May start IVs and initiate IV fluids with current IV Therapy Authorization.
- Directs and coordinates patient care between inter-agency (i.e. fire and police) personnel andother District employees.
- Performs all duties in a safe, courteous, confidential and professional manner, always taking into account the well-being of the patient.
- Maintains response readiness consistent with the District’s response criteria.
- Uses safety and PPE equipment as required by law and District policies.
- Maintains clean vehicles and quarters pursuant to ECPS policies. Completes daily cleaningduties.
- Protects the privacy of patients at all times and in accordance with ECPS HIPAA policies.
- Mentors, trains, and encourages fellow staff as needed, to help them attain their full potential.
- Maintains vehicles and quarters pursuant to ECPS policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Colorado EMT certification
- Current National Registry certification
- Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history
- Strong language skills: reading and writing, ability to communicate and interact with a variety ofpeople and under stressful conditions.
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong reasoning ability, problem solving skills, decision making skills, and ability to act andmaintain composure in highly emotional, stressful, and potentially hazardous situations.
- Bi-lingual (verbal and written) preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- EMT Med Pool compensation: $21/hr
- 457(b) retirement plan for employee deferrals
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution (employees who contribute at least 6% will receive 10% employer contribution for first three years of employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- Expertvoice discount website
- Possible cell phone carrier discounts
- Time off including public health emergency leave and paid sick and safe leave: 1hr/30 hrs worked
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and
physical demands of the position.