Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks EMT professionals to join our field staff to help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. We seek candidates for three different shifts:
Full time positions:
- Day Car: three, 12-hr shifts per week
- Swing Shift Seasonal: three, 14-hr shifts per week 5 p.m. - 7 a.m. Winter seasonal, full time.
- Med Pool: Expected schedule of 3-4 duty shifts (12-24 hr) and 2-3 on call or special event shifts per month
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional, but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is an often fast-paced, sometimes stressful job that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
Interested? Peruse the job descriptions below and submit your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
The successful candidate performs the main duties of ambulance driver to and from emergency and non-emergency scenes and administering basic life support and care under the direction of the District Medical Director and paramedic partner consistent with state and local operating protocols.
Note: The Day Car Shift is a variable role, often covering stations, supporting fatigued crews and responding to first calls in the day.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Safely drives ambulance, assisting with extricating trapped victims when required, and transporting sick and injured persons to treatment center.
- Renders basic life support procedures to patients in a variety of settings consistent with state and local operating protocols.
- Administers initial treatment at an emergency scene and takes and records patient vital signs.
- Provide medical examination and screening of patient’s conditions, reaction to drugs, treatmentsand significant incidents; observing and reporting the same to Physician and other medical personnel via radio or telephone as well as documenting on reports.
- Attend staff business meetings and trainings as directed.
- Lifts, moves and places patients on stretcher, restrains patients appropriately, lifts and moves loaded stretcher safely to and from an ambulance.
- Check medical/operating supplies and vehicle to ensure preparedness.
- May start IVs and initiate IV fluids with current IV Therapy Authorization.
- Directs and coordinates patient care between inter-agency (i.e. fire and police) personnel and other District employees.
- Performs all duties in a safe, courteous, confidential and professional manner, always taking into account the well-being of the patient.
- Maintains response readiness consistent with the District’s response criteria.
- Uses safety and PPE equipment as required by law and District policies.
- Maintains clean vehicles and quarters pursuant to ECPS policies. Completes daily cleaning duties.
- Protects the privacy of patients at all times and in accordance with ECPS HIPAA policies.
- Mentors, trains and encourages fellow staff as needed, to help them attain their full potential.
- Maintains vehicles and quarters pursuant to ECPS policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Colorado EMT certification
- Current National Registry-EMT (required within 6 mos. of hire)
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history
- Strong language skills: reading and writing, ability to communicate and interact with a variety ofpeople and under stressful conditions.
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong reasoning ability, problem solving skills, decision making skills, and ability to act andmaintain composure in highly emotional, stressful, and potentially hazardous situations.
- Bi-lingual (verbal and written) preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Swing Shift Seasonal and Med Pool EMT Compensation: $21/hr
- Day Car EMT (36 hrs/week): $24.20-$32.38/hour (expected annualized salary $45,302.40-$60,615.36)
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and physical demands of the position.Day Car EMT.pdfSwing Shift EMT .pdfMed Pool EMT.pdf