Are you interested in Community Health?
Are you compassionate about behavioral health, resourceful and motivated?
Are you bilingual in Spanish?
If your answer to these questions is "yes!" then we want to meet you. Our Community Health Department is a growing team of educated and ambitious people who are passionate about helping our community members get the care they need.
The Community Health Technician is an exciting new position that will allow your strengths and interests to shine.
Here is a typical day: The Community Health Technician will start their by checking in with the Community Health team and community partners to establish priorities and goals for patient care. They will then go out into the community: visiting patients in their homes as needed, assisting in mobile clinic settings like the MIRA (Mobile Intercultural Resource Alliance) bus or other community events, or transporting a patient safely to a healthcare destination. Every day is different, but the theme is always the same: Helping people when and where they need it the most.
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional, but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This often fast-paced, sometimes stressful job requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care, and professionalism at all times.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Conducts case coordination and community outreach functions in conjunction with community paramedic staff, local healthcare providers, and community service organizations to improve healthcare quality and access for individuals living in Eagle County. Patients served include low and high-acuity clients with acute and/or chronic health conditions, including behavioral health conditions such as substance use and co-occurring disorders. Patients also have individuals living with social needs affecting their overall health.
Compensation and benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (approx. 80 hrs for first year)
- Paid Vacation time (approx. 122 hrs for first year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account
Bilingual in Spanish Merit Rate: 2%
Full Job DescriptionCommunity Health Technician.pdf