Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks a Clinical, Training and Education Specialist to join our Clinical Department to help fulfill our vision to be a world leader in out-of-hospital healthcare. This is a full-time, year-round position with excellent compensation and benefits.
This position serves our continuous quality improvement program, supports our progressive and extensive education initiatives, and coordinates our compliance requirements. Our ideal candidate will have a great attitude, a love for education and be an excellent communicator especially with sensitive and/or complicated material. Our team is not only highly skilled and professional, but we also value integrity in all we do, excellence in our quality of work and advocacy in patient care at all times.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
SUMMARY: Support ECPS’s Continuous Quality Improvement program and overall strategy of medicine at ECPS. Review patient care reports, providing timely and specific feedback to field staff, billing, reporting requirements and patient care process. In coordination with Clinical Department staff, assist with all aspects of training to include field training, monthly and ongoing continuing education, course development and presentation, new employee orientation, certification monitoring and administration and non-clinical training needs. Assist with community outreach programs, including outside education opportunities with affiliated agencies. Coordinate with state agencies to assure compliance with statutory certification and education requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Sr. Manager Clinical Services with the Quality Assurance program.
- Assist the Sr. Manager Clinical Services and Physician Medical Director in developing, implementing and periodically reviewing medical protocols.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with the Sr. Manager Clinical Services to ensure completion of overall District mission.
- Give timely and appropriate feedback to paramedics and EMTs in the delivery of prehospital emergency care and treatment.
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of EMS practices including the incident command system and mass casualty organization. Act as backup to Sr. Manager Clinical Services in incident command structure as needed.
- Coordinate with Sr. Manager Clinical Services with data collection and reporting, including follow-up of waivers.
- Be available as a resource to operations supervisors for scope of practice / protocol questions that may arise at any time.
- Assist Sr. Manager Clinical Services and operations in the reconciliation of controlled substances.
- Assist in complying with reporting requirements of the state of Colorado.
- Shall be qualified as a field paramedic and work one shift per month.
Training and Educational Responsibilities (these duties are in collaboration with the Clinical, Data and Quality Specialist):
- Coordinate, design, compile and/or present all internal ALS and BLS training and continuing education efforts in accordance with State and National guidelines.
- Assist affiliated field providers with recertification of State and National certifications.
- Coordinate field training instructor program, new employee academy and on-going training.
- Coordinate with Sr. Manager Clinical Services for training budget and purchasing of training equipment.
- Participate in Outreach Education with providers from all aspects of the community health care system, including providers of all levels: VVMC, VVH, and other EMS agencies, and other health promoting agencies. .
- Assist affiliated agencies in providing EMS education that follows the local protocols.
- Maintain ACLS Instructor Credential.
- May assist in the interviewing and selection of prospective employees.
- Be an active member of the county training group.
- Associate’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred with coursework in instructional methods, leadership and adult education helpful
- Minimum three years experience as a paramedic
- Education/teaching experience helpful
- Supervisory and leadership experience preferred
- Current Colorado paramedic certificate or license with critical care endorsement OR RN/PA/NP with emergency / critical care experience with eligibility to become Colorado Paramedic within six months of hiring
- Current CPR and ACLS credentials
- Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history
- Must be capable of filling roles and responsibilities of a Paramedic
- Strong language skills: reading and writing, ability to communicate and interact with a variety of people
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong reasoning ability, problem solving skills, decision making skills, and ability to act and maintain composure in highly emotional, stressful, and potentially hazardous situations.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Exempt salaried position with a rate of $75,000-$112,455/year.
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (80 hrs/year)
- Paid Vacation time (169 hrs/year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and physical demands of the position.Job Description: Clinical, Training and Education Specialist