Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks a Basic Life Support (BLS) Educator to join our Clinical Department to help fulfill our vision to be a world leader in out-of-hospital healthcare. This is a full-time, year-round position with excellent compensation and benefits.
The BLS (Basic Life Support) Educator provides instruction and training in BLS techniques to healthcare professionals, first responders and other individuals who require certification in BLS. This position will provide cooperative education opportunities to health care providers in conjunction with Vail Health, Valley View Hospital, local fire departments and rescue agencies.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
SUMMARY: The BLS (Basic Life Support) Educator is responsible for providing instruction and training in BLS techniques to healthcare professionals, first responders and other individuals who require certification in BLS. The BLS Educator ensures that participants gain the knowledge and skills necessary to respond effectively in emergency situations and perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and other basic life-saving techniques. This position will provide cooperative education opportunities to health care providers in conjunction with Vail Health, Valley View Hospital, local fire departments and rescue agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers engaging and informative BLS training sessions to individuals and groups as directed. Teaches participants the fundamental concepts, principles and techniques of Basic Life Support under the guidance of Eagle County EMS medical direction.
- In coordination with Eagle County Training Officers or other appropriate personnel from local agencies, organizes and schedules appropriate BLS instruction and training for our partner agencies including fire departments, hospitals and rescue agencies.
- Delivers feedback from cardiac arrest resuscitation data.
- Monitors and Evaluates Performance: Observes participants during training sessions, providing constructive feedback and guidance to improve their technique and understanding. Conduct assessments and skills evaluations to measure participants' competency in BLS procedures.
- Maintain Certification Standards: Stay updated with the latest guidelines and protocols related to BLS and CPR techniques. Ensure that training content and methodologies align with industry standards and regulatory requirements, such as those set by the American Heart Association (AHA) or other relevant organizations.
- Manage administrative aspects of BLS training, including scheduling sessions, maintaining participant records and issuing certifications upon successful completion of training. Keep accurate documentation of training sessions, participant progress and any relevant incidents or feedback.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities to enhance personal knowledge and skills related to BLS techniques, instructional methodologies, and relevant healthcare advancements. Stay informed about emerging trends and best practices in emergency response and resuscitation.
- Using applicable data, analyses and feedback, evaluate the effectiveness of BLS training programs and build improvements to achieve desired results and goals such as quality assurance standards and clinical and operational performance needs.
- Assist the Clinical Manager to identify BLS education initiatives for the broader EMS system.
- If the candidate is a paramedic, provide direction and support to EMT level 4 staff and assist other Field Training Instructors (FTIs) with BLS education and training.
- Coordinates with Clinical Manager for training budget and purchasing of BLS training equipment.
- Assists the Clinical Manager with the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program as it relates to BLS performance.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with the Clinical Manager on agency-wide BLS goals.
- Communicate, schedule and market BLS training sessions to maximize effort with attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of system and experience at the line level working with providers from all agencies - EMS, rescue agencies, law, fire, public and other stakeholders. Familiarity in instructional design principles, didactic and practical training.
- Strong expertise in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Certified BLS instructor or equivalent certification from a recognized authority, such as the American Heart Association (AHA) or the Red Cross. Preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate participants during training sessions.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills for maintaining accurate records and managing administrative tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish rapport with participants and create a positive learning environment. Ability to adapt training methods to meet the diverse learning needs of participants.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and healthcare practices.
- Minimum three years experience as an EMT or equivalent
- Must be able to satisfy job requirements as described in the job description for EMT or Paramedic (whichever applies to the candidate)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- If EMT: $27.19-$34.28 hourly rate as BLS Educator and $17.24-$19.69 hourly rate as EMT field staff ($56,546-$71,295 expected annual equivalent)
If Paramedic: $35.00-$45.29 hourly rate as BLS Educator and $22.20- $28.72 hourly rate as Paramedic field staff ($72,816-$94,201.60 expected annual equivalent)
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (approx. 150 hrs for first year)
- Paid Vacation time (approx. 125 hrs for first year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account
Please see full job description to review detailed responsibilities, qualification requirements and physical demands of the position.BLS Educator Job Description