Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) seeks an Advanced Care Specialist to join our field staff to help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community. This is a full time, year-round position.
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is an often fast-paced, sometimes stressful job that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
Interested? Peruse the description below and submit your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Provide training and clinical support to Community Health and Critical Care staff. Assist the Community Health Manager with department projects and program development. Assists the Clinical Manager in critical care program oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and facilitates onboarding and initial education to employees joining specialty care tracks - Critical Care (CC)/Community Paramedics (CP).
- Oversees, facilitates and assists P5 CCs and Community Health (CH) team with monthly, quarterly and annual didactic, hands on and simulation training objectives.
- Oversees administration of annual competency check offs for CH and CC groups.
- Sources outside continuing education and clinical opportunities for CH and CC groups, including collaborative training with outside partners.
- Assists clinical and community health departments with CQI Continuous Quality Improvement.
- In collaboration with clinical oversight, provide clinical performance feedback through chart review, case reviews and individualized discussions.
- Assists clinical and community health departments with development of clinical practice guidelines and best practices.
- Oversees and maintains updated field training programs for CP and CC tracks.
- Assists with accreditation preparations and reporting (CAAS, CAMTS, state waivers).
- Attends local, state and national conferences to maintain awareness of updated science and clinical and education best practices.
- Attends meetings as necessary, i.e. leadership and operations meetings.
- Assists the Community Health Manager with department projects such as establishing funding opportunities, creating programs that meet the needs of the community and ensuring certification compliance and protocol alignment
- Develops and completes appropriate reports and templates for the Community Paramedic Program
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years experience in EMS or pre- hospital healthcare.
- At least 3 years experience in out of hospital speciality care role.
- At least 3 years of experience providing multidisciplinary clinical education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Leadership, Public Health Administration, Education, BSN, Health Sciences or related field
- Current Colorado Paramedic or RN license/certification.
- Current certification in BLS/CPR
- Current certification in ACLS
- Current certification in PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) (required within 6 mos. of hire)
- Current certification in NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) (required within one year of hire)
If paramedic, must have the following:
- Current National Registry Paramedic certification within 6 mos. of hire date
- Current certification from the International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) CP-C exam
- Current certification from the International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) FP-C or CCP-C
If RN, must have the following:
- CTRN (Certified Transport Registered Nurse) or CFRN (Certified Flight Registered Nurse)
Valid State of Colorado motor vehicle operating license, with continued safe driving history.
40 hrs/week, flexible schedule based on operational needs
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a nonexempt, hourly position with a rate of $90,000-$120,000/year
Additional Possible Bilingual in Spanish Merit Rate: 2%
- Medical/dental/vision (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Health Savings Account ($1200 individual/$2400 family employer contribution)
- Flexible Savings Account
- Retirement (7.5%-10% employer contribution 0-3 years, 18% employer contribution 3+ years)
- Short and Long Term Disability (at no cost to employee)
- Life and AD&D (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- Paid Sick time (approx. 80 hrs/year)
- Paid Vacation time (approx. 122 hrs for the first year)
- Generous continuing education budget per employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Housing Assistance Program
- $1200 Lifestyle Spending Account