Eagle County Paramedic Services (ECPS) is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our staff and help fulfill our mission of providing skilled, professional and compassionate healthcare to our community.
Our team is not only highly skilled and professional, but also has a passion for what we do: Serving the community by providing world-class, out-of-hospital care. This is an often fast-paced role that requires critical thinking skills and a level head. We value integrity in all we do, excellence and advocacy in patient care and professionalism at all times.
If you’re ready to join our team at ECPS, peruse the description below and submit your resume. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
What you need to be successful:
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Friendly, courteous and you like to smile (even on the phone!)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Attention to detail- you don’t do typos
- High degree of independence and the ability to run a project with little direction
- Optimistic and helpful attitude: You want to be a team player and help out whenever possible
- Technological savviness
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a strong plus!
How we’ll keep you busy:
- Address and anticipate needs and handle requests and questions for visitors, guests and staff via phone, email, in person and other communication modes swiftly and accurately.
- Support CEO/CFO/COO with special projects, scheduling meetings, prepare/edit/scan documents and additional support as requested.
- Organize Monthly Board meeting: Compile Board packet and email to Board members for review; arrange for food and drinks; clean up after the meeting.
- Serve as designated election official for District elections.
- Record, edit and maintain meeting minutes/notes for the monthly Board meeting, monthly Operations meeting, weekly leadership meetings and any other meetings as requested by the CEO/CFO/COO.
- Inventory and order office supplies. Maintain accounts with suppliers. Research new vendors when needed.
- Enter A/P invoices and credit card transactions into accounting system, assisting with vendor management.
- Assist with year end financial close.
- Serve as ECPS event planner for internal and external events: Schedule event details, order food and necessary supplies (including gifts), prepare and send out invites, manage set up and take down as needed.
- Order meals for staff at Thanksgiving, Christmas, EMS Week and as dictated by need from CEO/CFO/COO.
- Retrieve, process and distribute the mail to appropriate staff members. Distribute packages to appropriate office staff. Purchase stamps and mail packages when necessary. Address returned mail when it arrives.
- Order business cards as necessary, ensuring accuracy.
- Identify and assist with tasks and other duties to help the Administrative team and other staff.
- Generate, address and mail holiday cards and thank you letters/cards.
- Order gifts for staff retirement parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Proven experience in customer service, as well as an office setting
- Strong computer and typing proficiency, including Microsoft and Google suite
- Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to work effectively with staff, providers, external agencies and the general public
40 hrs/week, M-F.
Compensation and Benefits:
Hourly rate: $23.76-$32.40
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. (employee only premiums covered 100% by employer)
- If HDHP is selected, Health Savings Account in which employer contributes $1250 per year for individual and $2500 per year for family coverage
- Short term disability and long term disability paid for employee by the District
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical, Limited Medical and Dependent Care)
- Lifestyle Spending Account up to $1200
- Aflac supplemental voluntary insurance
- Life Insurance and AD&D (employee, spouse and family)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 457(b) retirement plan for employee deferrals
- 401(a) retirement plan with employer contribution (employees who contribute at least 6% will receive 10% employer contribution for first three years of employment)
- Generous continuing education opportunities
- Housing Assistance Program including Relocation Package ($5000 plus 2 weeks’ comp)
- CollegeInvest and College Tuition Benefit
- Expertvoice discount website
- Cell phone carrier discounts
- DIA parking discounts
- Dogma Athletica discount memberships
- Public health emergency order time off as required
- Paid sick and safe leave accrues at 3.1 per pay period, for an annualized total of 80.6 hours
- Vacation accrues at 4.7 per pay period, for an annualized total of 122 hours. Accrual rate will increase at 5 years tenure
- Thirteen (13) observed holidays where the office is closed